Please note that we cannot be held responsible for the content of external sites.
• Play Therapy British Association of Play Therapy (BAPT): www.bapt.info/
• The Cenacle Treatment Centre: http://cenacletreatmentcentre.co.uk/archives/treatment-for-children-mental-health
• Association for Play Therapy (USA): http://www.a4pt.org
• Play Therapy Australia: http://www.playtherapyaustralia.com
• Play Therapy Northern Territory (Australia): http://www.playtherapy.com.au/
• Filial Therapy Filial Therapy website: http://www.filialtherapy.co.uk
• Family Enhancement and Play Therapy Centre: http://www.play-therapy.com
• Play and Filial Therapy (Dr Virginia Ryan): http://www.playandfilialtherapy.co.uk
• Theraplay The Theraplay Institute: http://www.theraplay.org
• Barnardos: http://www.barnardos.org.uk
• Childline: http://www.childline.org.uk
• British Deaf Association (BDA): http://www.britishdeafassociation.org.uk/
• Cancer BACUP: http://www.cancerbacup.org.uk/
• Children's Society: http://www.the-childrens-society.org.uk
• The Dyspraxia Foundation: http://www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/
• The Compassionate Friends: http://www.tcf.org.uk
• National Autistic Society: http://www.nas.org.uk
• Howard League for Penal Reform: http://www.howardleague.org
Campaigns for an end to the use of prison for children and improved treatment of children in the penal system.
• KIDSCAPE: http://www.kidscape.org.uk/
• Mental Health Foundation: http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk
• MIND: http://www.mind.org.uk
• National Association for the Care and Resettlement of Offenders (NACRO): http://www.nacro.org
Legal advice line for children and young people in custody - call free 0808 801 0308
The Howard League for Penal Reform, 1 Ardleigh Road, London N1 4HS
Tel: 020 7249 7373 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• NCH: http://www.nch.org.uk
• NSPCC(National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children): http://www.nspcc.org.uk/kidszone
If you need help, you can contact the NSPCC Child Protection Helpline on 0808 800 5000, or contact the free textphone service for people who are deaf or whose hearing is impaired on 0800 056 0566. You can also email email@example.com or look on the website at www.nspcc.org.uk/helpline. You can also contact ChildLine on 0800 1111. Both helplines are free and open 24-hours a day. Whichever helpline you choose you will get expert advice from a trained adviser.
• Refugee Council http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk
Offers support and advice to unaccompanied refugee children.
The Refugee Council Panel of Advisers for Unaccompanied Refugee Children, 240-250 Ferndale Road, London SW9 8BB
Advice line: 020 7346 1134 (open from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm weekdays).
• Women's Aid: http://www.womensaid.org.uk/
• Young Minds: http://www.youngminds.org.uk
• PAPYRUS (Prevention of Young Suicide): http://www.papyrus-uk.org/
• Defeat Depression: http://www.defeatdepression.org/
• Depression Alliance: http://www.depressionalliance.org
• Eating Disorders Association: http://www.edauk.com
• Enuresis Resource and Information Centre (ERIC): http://www.eric.org.uk
• PsychNet - UK: http://www.psychnet-uk.com
• RETHINK: http://www.rethink.org/
• Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health: http://www.scmh.org.uk/
• Samaritans: http://www.samaritans.org.uk
• SANE: http://www.sane.org.uk
• Media BBC HEALTH (search Play Therapy): http://www.bbc.co.uk/health
• Parents' advice etc: BBC PARENTING: http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting
• British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP): http://www.bacp.co.uk
• The Centre for Child Mental Health: http://www.childmentalhealthcentre.org/
Children's rights officers and advocates for children and young people in contact with social services.
• Connexions Direct: http://www.connexions-direct.com
Instant, confidential telephone or online advice on anything that affects teenagers. Between 8 am and 2 am every day.
Tel: 080 800 13 2 19 | Text: 07766 4 13 2 19
• National Children's Bureau (NCB): http://www.ncb.org.uk
• National Youth Advocacy Service: http://www.nyas.net
Offers advice, information and support to children and young people on their rights about any matter that affects them.
Offers legal advice for children and young people on family, care, education and immigration.
• National Youth Agency: http://www.nya.org.uk
• Parenting National Family and Parenting Institute: http://www.nfpi.org
• The Parent's Centre: http://www.parentcentre.gov.uk/
• ParentLine Plus: http://www.parentlineplus.org.uk/
• Parents for Inclusion: http://www.parentsforinclusion.org/
• Practical Parenting Advice: http://www.practicalparent.org.uk